Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Isaksson faces Addicks decision

Quick post today regarding Andreas Isaksson the Swedish goalkeeper who is allegedly on his way to SE7 from Rennes. The rumours began a fortnight ago when his agent Rodger Ljung claimed: "Charlton is one of the clubs interested in Andreas."

The player then came out a couple of days later and said:

"It would be a dream to play in the Premier League. Of course, I would be interested. You grow up with the Premier League in Sweden. I know there is interest, but that's all I know."

Since that quote a fee has been agreed with Rennes, and Isaksson has already held talks with Charlton and agreed terms, but now it appears that the goalkeeper is in demand up at the City of Manchester Stadium aswell. Stuart Pearce has been in negotiations for a couple of days with Portsmouth over the sale of goalkeeper David James, and Isaksson has been contacted by City and asked whether he would consider a move to Eastlands as his replacement.

Here is a quote made yesterday by the player, although I am unable to provide any links for this due to the fact that it was printed, and unfortunately the paper in question's website has no trace of the story.

"I have an agreement with Charlton, but I am waiting for City before I decide."

It looks like one way or the other, Isaksson is headed for The Premiership this coming season, he was left out of Rennes' opening fixture against Lille on Saturday, and the situation is likely to be resolved over the next couple of days.

Personally I hope we do sign the guy. Myhre did well in parts last season, but he's only got a year or so left in him. I think Dowie considers Andersen his current number 1, but the signing of Isaksson will give us 2 Premiership quality keepers to choose from next season, and that is the minimum number required in my opinion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to swedish newspaper today City have offered Rennes around £2.6 miljon. Around £1 miljo more than Charltons first bid.

1:46 pm  
Blogger New York Addick said...

By the way, meant to say congrats on your engagement. It reminds me of an old joke:

"I arranged for someone to serenade my girlfriend whilst I proposed to her in Asia."
"Singapore?"
"Yeah bloody awful."

2:20 pm  
Blogger CharltonChris said...

:-) Cheers NYA.

Lazze, I'll be gutted if we miss out on him to be honest..

5:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Difference between lexapro zoloft Classic cutlass convertible sale Ppc 2 arkansas Accommodation bristol autumn wedding flower Fl boating regulations Bellevue nebraska permission email marketing Economy video recording surveillance systems wireless Conference calls cheap fibromyalgia topamax Bananna chair

8:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home