Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Euell's Diary

"The transfer window has now closed and, despite much speculation, I remain a Charlton Athletic player.
The club were more than aware of my position: I wanted to leave for the sake of my career and although a number of clubs had expressed an interest, either in terms of a permanent deal or on loan move, I feel the club dragged its heels and left it far too late in the day for the situation to be resolved.

All I can do now is keep my head down, continue to give my all in training and hope for that first-team place that keeps eluding me.

Like all players, all I want to do is play football, which was the only reason why I wanted to quit the club in the first place. I hope the Charlton fans can understand my viewpoint, particularly as a footballer’s career is so short, but all I can hope now is for the chance that I so crave – and a return to the form that helped me become a favourite with them in the first place." Jason Euell

------------------------------------------

Thought I would post that purely because Euell is a much talked about player over the last few weeks, what with his reappearance on the bench against Liverpool, and as a substitute up at City. I've quoted rather than linked because icons.com requires registration before you can even view their player diaries.

As for what he is saying, we all knew he wanted to leave the club but it's odd to see the man in his own words openly criticising and blaming Charlton for the fact that he is still with us

I've always like Jason Euell as a player. Never the most skilfull on the pitch, but he always seemed like he was giving his best for us over those first few seasons, so I’ll always respect him for that. Bit of a shame that we will never know how he would have progressed as a player over what would have been his prime years if things had gone a different way for him.
Still, he has a chance now to prove that a return to the first XI isn't beyond him, and that is exactly what he has been after. Lets wait and see what he makes of it.

Incidentally, other Charlton players on icons.com with their own diary pages include Lloyd Sam, Chris Powell, and Jay Bothroyd. Not that any of them appear to update too regularly, Bothroyd's last article was about an upcoming trip to Stamford Bridge, and Powell's was about Murphy's Charlton form igniting an England recall!

Anyway, if you fancy bookmarking the pages for future reference, go for it. To save you having to go through their needless and annoying registration process, log is as username cynicathletic, and password cynicathletic. It will then save a cookie in your browser, which will prevent you needing to re-login when you check the site in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger CharltonChris said...

Totally agree with all that.

I really hope that he can turn it round. But if this is a ploy from the club in order to raise his value before a move, it could quite easily rebound and go the other way.

People will note that he is back in our side, and if his performances don't impress, we may find his value falling still further.

5:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home