Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Farewell Deano

Just got home from work and was entirely surprised to see the official site informing us Addicks that former Number 1 Dean Kiely has moved to Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee.

Not sure what I make of this to be fair. I haven't really had time to think it over seeing as I only found out 5 minutes ago, but my initial reaction (although I listed his poor qualities in last nights post) is still one of sadness that we have lost a player that has been almost everpresent since joining from Bury.

I imagine the fee will be somewhere between 300,000 and 600,000, but it doesn't look as if we'll ever find out for certain one way or the other.
Pompeys official site states that Deano has been assigned their squad number 33, and is set to be in between the sticks for the FA Cup visit of Liverpool to Fratton on Saturday.

So now we are back to having 2 decent keepers. We have of course been widely linked with Robert Green from Norwich over the last few months, and while I think Curbs will bring in another keeper before the window closes, I can't see that he will pay the reported 3 million that Norwich are asking for Green.

Someone needs to be signed though surely. Although I believe there is a rule allowing premiership clubs an extra loan in the goalkeeper position during periods between transfer windows, we would still be in a spot of bother if either Andersen or Myhre suffers a leg break in training on Feb 1st otherwise. No Steve Brown to deputise anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home