Friday, April 07, 2006

E-Mail from Talal?

Not sure quite where to start with this. I recieved an email today from someone claiming to be Talal El Karkouri.

My first though when I saw that in my inbox was 'Who's on a wind up then?', but the email address looks genuine enough, and the email itself doesn't read like a wind up, so I thought I'd post it anyway and leave you all the chance to make up your own minds.

I remember thinking when I read the article this morning that it was a bit vague. Talal was quite a popular player among the Charlton fans, so it was strange to see him leave the club without even a direct quote from the man himself. The headline of the article aswell was rather strange, "competition to fierce for Talal" makes it sound a bit like there is something going on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of. Its hardly a ”Thanks for you're efforts, good luck in the future” headline is it? More of a “Talal can't face being on the bench, so he’s limping out of the club” headline. Very unlike Charlton.
Anyway, wind up or not, here is what I recieved at 12:51 this afternoon:

I am concerned that the news brief on the official website posted by my club Charlton Athletic may be misleading to the supporters.

I am disappointed that I have not been involved much this season although I have recovered full from any injuries.

I have participated in the reserve games in order to remain in top condition and ready to be recalled to the first team.

After I was told by my manager that I would not feature in any of the up coming Charlton games, I agreed to go to Quatar to play first team football for the next few weeks.

I have not discussed a permanent move with any clubs at this time.

I very much appreciate the support of the Charlton fans, and will address other concerns mentioned in the article upon reaching Quatar.

I wish my team the best of luck in their up coming games.

I am posting this to you on my way to London Heathrow for my departure to Quatar.

Many Thanks,

Talal El Karkouri
Thursday, April 06, 2006

I would appreciate it if you not post my email address or distribute it.

Draw your own conclusions, and I would appreciate some comments regarding this…


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, don't know what to make of it.

His English seems to flawless, though. Strange???

3:46 am  
Blogger CharltonChris said...

I don't remember ever even hearing the guy speak. I havent got a clue what his English is like.

5:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whilst his english may appear to be flawless lets not forget that he was a language graduate (think he dropped out to pursue his football career) and can speak speak several languages fluently.

9:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curious. I was always under the impression that he couldn't speak English. Could have been wrong, though, and there's always time to learn.

Always comes across as a sound chap in interviews.

(Inspector Sands, out earning a crust and so not logging into blinkin' Blogger)

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he could speak English you fcuking ignorant twats. He was always a model professional when interviewed and in my opinion it sounds genuine...

12:25 am  
Blogger CharltonChris said...

No need for the language is there..

1:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home