Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Riverside Revisited

I remember promising that I would eventually find a place to host the video clips I took while a part of Operation Riverside. A little bit overdue I'll admit, but when some of the files are almost 250MB in size it's not quite so easy to find somewhere that will host them for free. Anyway, better late than never.

Kings Cross - This one is just a short one I took whilst we were waiting on the platform in London. Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture just how many Charlton fans were at the station due to the fact that I didn't want to lose my place in the queue! (38 seconds)

Concourse - Taken about 25 mins before the kick off on the concourse inside the ground. (1 minute 38 Seconds)

Concourse 2 - Another short clip taken pre match (12 seconds)

Warming Up - Fans warm up their voices at the same time as the players warm up out on the pitch. This clip starts out on the concourse, and when the singing dies down I decide to enter the stadium and take a little look around. (5 mins)

Inside the Ground - This one is purely inside the stadium, about 10 mins prior to kick off (2 mins)

If you were up at The Riverside, you may well see your face on either the concourse, or the warming up videos.

There is also one more video to come and its the longest one (and the best one). Unfortunately, I haven't got the time to upload it this morning so there will probably be a Riverside Revisited Part 2 up on the site at some point within the next few days.
The final video is taken from the stands a couple of mins before kick off, while the players are walking out onto the pitch. The masses of ticker tape thrown into the air looks brilliant, so stay tuned for that one.

Edit - I'm on a 2.5 Meg Broadband connection here and the videos all run fine. I'm not sure how well they would run on a dial-up, or a slower broadband connection. You can't actually download these videos to view in media player, you will need to download the Google Video Player in order to download and store them. Just click the link on the video page - CynAth

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good work mate - i made it on there so that's my fifteen minutes of fame...

4:26 pm  
Blogger ChicagoAddick said...

It's amazing how empty the ground was 10mins before k.o.

Some old faces I see and a lot of fresh pups - need to get them going to more away games.

Good job Chris.

6:49 pm  
Blogger ChicagoAddick said...

It's amazing how empty the ground was 10mins before k.o.

Some old faces I see and a lot of fresh pups - need to get them going to more away games.

Good job Chris.

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that ground was completely empty as everyone was in the concourse downing pints!

it was absolutely rammed in there and the noise was just reverberating off the low concrete cielings, with people just swaying into one and other.

9:39 pm  
Blogger CharltonChris said...

Does bring back some great memories of away days from the past. This is the sort of thing I'll show my kids one day and say "That's what football used to be like."

The next video is the best one (the one I haven't uploaded yet), the scenes as the teams come out are fantastic.

12:21 am  
Blogger CharltonChris said...

Oh, and Mr Anonymous, it's hardly a 15 minutes of fame if you:

a - dont leave your name, and
b - dont tell everyone which face, and on which video you are!

12:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home