Thursday, April 13, 2006

Train Damage?

I've just arrived home from the match, and while I don't have the energy to write a summary of the game this evening, I thought that I should post about a phone call I recieved at about 2:45AM outside Kings Cross Station.

It was from a friend of mine who was on one of the planes, allegedly not too far away from Peter Varney, and apparently he got a call to say that one of the carriages on the second train had been 'smashed up', and that 30 Charlton fans had been arrested for the damage. Over £120,000 spent by the club on free travel to the match, and then this. That's gratitude for you...

This news is unconfirmed of course, but I thought that it should be shared anyway. If it's the truth, I'm sure we'll find out more about it in the morning.

As for the game, I was fuming when I came out of the ground and was more than ready to sharpen my pencil and get stuck into the side, but a long journey home has calmed me down somewhat, and I think I'll allow myself more time to digest the day's events before I go off on a tirade.


1 Comments:

Blogger CharltonChris said...

Hopefully you're right. I suppose someone else would have mentioned it by now if it had actually happened.

There was certainly no trouble on my train.

2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home